Thursday 15 May 2014

Mrs. McMillan's trip to Gimli

I am very lucky to have the opportunity to go to a technology conference in Gimli for the next 2 days. It is called "Riding the Wave" and is focused on storytelling, sharing information, and story making. There is a group of other teachers and coordinators from SJSD here as well. 
The weather is sunny, but cold but I am not going to complain about the view! 


I spent Thursday listening to other teachers from across Manitoba share how they use technology in their classroom to inspire their students, communicate with parents, and connect with others around the world. It is always inspiring to see what other teachers are doing in their classrooms and bring back ideas!! 


Friday morning I had a refresher on using iMovie on the iPads. We are going to be working in iMovie for an end of year learning project that I am very excited about. This was a great motivator for me to get started on this project and begin to show how to us iMovie in the classroom!! Stay tuned to the blog for some exciting learning! 

After a quick break enjoying the view,


 I went to my last session which went through a bunch of apps that can be used as a teacher to help keep my assessment and observation organized. It was led by Joan Badger, one of our technology coordinators. It is a hard transition from paper and pencil, or my favourite sticky notes, to using my teacher iPads to document learning. Next years goal!! 

Overall, it was a great 2 days to share and learn with other teachers across Manitoba. It was a great opportunity to be able to participate and attend this conference!! I have missed my mom eyes these last 2 days, but know they are in good hands!! 

Have a fantastic May long weekend and enjoy the sunshine!! 

Mrs. McMillan 


No comments:

Post a Comment